Saturday, March 23, 2013

latest kitchen creations

Y'all. I think I just gave birth to a future dream: Hannah's Hippie Cafe. Today I baked, with one of my favorite foods: beans. I knew it was kind of a trend in the herbie world, but I just hadn't gotten around to trying it. I think subconsciously, I was afraid. I don't think I can ever go back. It was one of those life changing moments. I knew it was always meant to be, me and beans.

So, why are they magical and what is the recipe? If you have a decently stocked kitchen this will be an actual cheap dessert. If you have a kitchen (like, this is so tiny I don't even consider it a kitchen, kitchen) and you despise all the baking recipes where your kitchen looks like a chocolate flour bomb went off and you spend half a day baking and cleaning, this is the perfect dessert. I used one food processor, one pan, and the required measuring cups. Practically no mess. I felt like I won a treasure chest I didn't even know I was looking for. Also, no flour. I can't stand to buy all the expensive fancy flour that I only use for one recipe a year and I feel terrible using the cheap white flour. The amount of sugar is also a reasonable amount to me. Here are the recipes and my notes:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/12/giant-cookie-cake-a-healthy-recipe-makeover/

For the brownies, I doubled the batch (but just made them one at a time--didn't take up much more time at all). Apparently I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't own an 8x8 pan and would rather have more brownies anyway. :) I left the food processor running for what felt like 3-4 minutes (maybe even more, but I'm not good with time) until everything was really smooth.

For the cookie I did the same thing with the food processor. Also, I noticed I had some pecans and threw some in with the chocolate chips. Best decision ever.

These are Andy and Hannah, make your eyes roll back, consider eating the whole thing in one sitting instead of bringing them to the event you made them for, approved.





No comments:

Post a Comment